Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Anthony Harmon Interview




Anthony Harmon is an extremely intelligent designer with an assortment of diverse interests ranging from philosophy to science to the paranormal. These interests always spill over into Anthony's art. In this interview Anthony gives us some good advice on designing and explains the origins to a couple of his designs.

1. Welcome to PSDTUTS! Please introduce yourself, give us a brief bio, tell us where you're from, and how you got started in the field.

It's an honor to be speaking with you and the PSDTUTS community; thank you for the opportunity! I'll do my best to sound like a rock star, but I'm not sure it’s a battle I can win. I was born and raised in Jackson Hole, a small Wyoming town of about 12,000. I enjoy telling people I rode a horse to school my kindergarten year. They think I'm exaggerating, but it’s true! I wore wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, leather chaps, the works. The beginning of the end of my cowboy days came on Christmas of sixth grade.

Two gifts would forever change my life; my first snowboard and computer. I quickly traded in my spurs and lasso for punk bands, bleached hair and obscure acronyms like AFK and ROFL. There was little hope. Some of the readers may remember a client-to-server protocol named Hotline popular in the mid to late 90's. I was a member of a small design collective named Badmoon Laboratories that distributed a popular bimonthly user icon list. That was my first taste of the design world.

MORE INTERVIEW

No comments: